On Fridays…. We Favorite!
First let me say sorry for being so MIA this month. But I have a good reason!!! My hubby and I are buying a house! Yes we will be homeowners next month! So between house hunting and the whole process, I have had no time for anything not housing research related. So I’ve been googling school districts, safety stats, housing materials, and local running trails (c’mon!) in our neighborhood like it was my job. As soon as we locked our home down, I have spent my spare hours drooling over furniture and paint swatches. I’ve officially become that person. Lowe’s is no longer my least favorite place in the entire world. I mean it’s still not my fav but, I now see it’s merits.
So here’s what I have been crushing on:
1. Perfect Fit Protein Powder – I usually hate protein powder. There’s weird additives, it tastes funny, it smells funny, and so on. So when I saw the Tone It Up ladies had their own brand I was curious. Their protein powder is totally awesome. According to them it’s:
- Delicious, Plant-Based Brown Rice Protein Powder
- Certified Organic, Gluten Free, Vegan and Kosher
- Perfect Fit can serve as a flour substitute in many baked goods.
- Mixes easily with water for smoothies!
- We formulated Perfect Fit with you in mind – delivering 15 grams of delicious Organic, Vegan, Raw protein per serving. In addition, Perfect Fit is Fat Free and does not contain cane or beet sugar, gluten, dairy, lactose, soy, corn, any of the 8 major allergens, or GMOs.
I have used it in smoothies, mixed in beverages, and baking! Personally I’m a fan of Perfect Fit, Chocolate Coconut Water, Acai Sambazon, and a hint of water. This hits the spots perfectly after a run or workout.
2. KT Tape – Everyone has their own issues with different ailments. I have used this on my knees in the past however, with the weather heating up I don’t want to wear compression sleeves. Turns out there’s a way to tape your shins to simulate compression sleeves. It’s awesome. I wear the nude color and it practically blends in to my skin. You can’t even see it in photographs unless you’re looking.
3. Mama Chia Squeeze Packs – YUM! As a desk jockey, I get that 3pm funk where I’m tired and all my spreadsheets start to blend together. This little snack tastes delicious and helps to fight off hunger until dinner time. Also it’s so good for you! I have tried the Green Magic and Strawberry Banana flavors. Fun Fact: It’s sold at Costco (love me some savings… I’m on a Budget)
4. Sleep – Yeah, I said it sleep. Sleep is my new favorite. I made a stunning discovery. Waking up is so much easier when you’re well rested and not battling the snooze button. I like to stay up late, unfortunately that doesn’t lend itself well to marathon training in the summer while working full-time and buying a house. So for the foreseeable future I am now an early bird.
I’m having a real #TGIF moment. Btw…. Boy Meets World spin-off Girl Meets World premieres tonight. I don’t know about anyone else, but my 12 year is super excited to see Corey and Topanga again.
How was your week? Training for anything? Do you sleep constantly while training? What’s your favorite recovery drink or protein powder? Are you a KT Tape fan? What’s your take on Chia Seeds?
I am loving the Vanilla Arbonne protein shake mix!! https://www.arbonne.com/shop_online/showitem.asp?ProductId=2070
It’s Vegan, contains no animal bi-products, and actually tastes so good with Almond milk! Mmmm… I must admit though, Chia seeds throw me off a bit, unless well blended into something. I accidentally bought a guava chia seed drink once and just about gagged when there were goopy lumps (aka the seeds) in it!
That sounds awesome. Vegan is a HUGE plus. I like to know where the protein is coming from. Chia seeds are difficult to get use to at first but if you hydrant them a bit they can be really good.
Good luck on your home buying adventure. We were there a few years back and I know how crazy it is! I am a KT tape fan – so many uses. And I’ve had a crush on Topanga for a long time!
Thanks! The whole thing has been crazy, but very exciting. KT Tape is awesome and c’mon who didn’t have a crush on Topanga?!? I may have had a crush on Shawn. 🙂
I currently use Hammer Recoverite (citrus) as a recovery drink. Once in a while I make a protein/smoothy. I love KT tape. And I put chia seeds in my oatmeal every AM (with hemp seeds).
I’ve heard of Hammer products. I just got a GU in my stride box last month and can’t wait to try it out. Chia seeds in oatmeal sounds fantastic. I’ll have to give it a go.
Congratualtions on finding a house of your dreams! I know it too well how decoration becomes an obsession. The key is to take it slowly, because god everything is so expensive. And obviously, in our day and age, we want everything right away 🙂 Start with basics, that’s my advice haha 🙂 I’ve never taped anything but I keep on seeing it more and more. I don’t seem to have any problems with my alignments *knock on wood*, but I’ll definitely take a look at it. xoxo Olena
PS. It’s great to have you back!
Thank you!! It really has become like an obsession. Great advice. I’m trying to prioritize but it’s so hard. KT Tape is great, but not needing anything is even better!
Also, I cannot wait to come visit in your new casa!! It’ll be so pretty!
You have to come see it so you can help me decorate the whole thing!!
In that past, I’ve used Generation UCAN’s protein drink but I recently switched to a hemp protein powder (for budgetary reasons). So far, I like it (although it does taste kinda funky).
I’ve never tried KT tape. Do you only use it when something is bugging you – like an injury – or do you use it all the time?