On Fridays…. We Favorite!
First let me say sorry for being so MIA this month. But I have a good reason!!! My hubby and I are buying a house! Yes we will be homeowners next month! So between house hunting and the whole process, I have had no time for anything not housing research related. So I’ve been googling school districts, safety stats, housing materials, and local running trails (c’mon!) in our neighborhood like it was my job. As soon as we locked our home down, I have spent my spare hours drooling over furniture and paint swatches. I’ve officially become that person. Lowe’s is no longer my least favorite place in the entire world. I mean it’s still not my fav but, I now see it’s merits.
So here’s what I have been crushing on:
1. Perfect Fit Protein Powder – I usually hate protein powder. There’s weird additives, it tastes funny, it smells funny, and so on. So when I saw the Tone It Up ladies had their own brand I was curious. Their protein powder is totally awesome. According to them it’s:
- Delicious, Plant-Based Brown Rice Protein Powder
- Certified Organic, Gluten Free, Vegan and Kosher
- Perfect Fit can serve as a flour substitute in many baked goods.
- Mixes easily with water for smoothies!
- We formulated Perfect Fit with you in mind – delivering 15 grams of delicious Organic, Vegan, Raw protein per serving. In addition, Perfect Fit is Fat Free and does not contain cane or beet sugar, gluten, dairy, lactose, soy, corn, any of the 8 major allergens, or GMOs.
I have used it in smoothies, mixed in beverages, and baking! Personally I’m a fan of Perfect Fit, Chocolate Coconut Water, Acai Sambazon, and a hint of water. This hits the spots perfectly after a run or workout.
2. KT Tape – Everyone has their own issues with different ailments. I have used this on my knees in the past however, with the weather heating up I don’t want to wear compression sleeves. Turns out there’s a way to tape your shins to simulate compression sleeves. It’s awesome. I wear the nude color and it practically blends in to my skin. You can’t even see it in photographs unless you’re looking.
3. Mama Chia Squeeze Packs – YUM! As a desk jockey, I get that 3pm funk where I’m tired and all my spreadsheets start to blend together. This little snack tastes delicious and helps to fight off hunger until dinner time. Also it’s so good for you! I have tried the Green Magic and Strawberry Banana flavors. Fun Fact: It’s sold at Costco (love me some savings… I’m on a Budget)
4. Sleep – Yeah, I said it sleep. Sleep is my new favorite. I made a stunning discovery. Waking up is so much easier when you’re well rested and not battling the snooze button. I like to stay up late, unfortunately that doesn’t lend itself well to marathon training in the summer while working full-time and buying a house. So for the foreseeable future I am now an early bird.
I’m having a real #TGIF moment. Btw…. Boy Meets World spin-off Girl Meets World premieres tonight. I don’t know about anyone else, but my 12 year is super excited to see Corey and Topanga again.
How was your week? Training for anything? Do you sleep constantly while training? What’s your favorite recovery drink or protein powder? Are you a KT Tape fan? What’s your take on Chia Seeds?