New Years Goals? Wishes? Resolutions?
Better late than never… eh?
A new year is a fresh start. Each year we make promises to ourselves regarding goals for what we hope to accomplish in the new year. Many of these objectives seem more like wishes instead of realistic goals. In the past I have made resolutions and I have not. This year I decided to put pen to paper (more like fingers to the keyboard) and create some quantifiable and qualitative “resolutions.”
- Learn how to make a poached egg. I know if must seem silly but I love poached eggs and would love to be able to make that on my own.
2. Complete a triathlon. That’s right, I will be finishing a triathlon this year, well more specifically this summer. I have already signed up for the Jersey Girl Triathlon which will take place this August. It only seemed fitting to do a Jersey Girl race, because that’s what I am!
3. Blog More. I have not been the most consistent blogger these last few months. 2015 was a year of great change for me. Unfortunately, while working through that change my blogging took a back burner. I plan on coming back to 2016 blogging up a storm.
4. Finish my spin instructor certification. All that lies between me and my certification is an exam. However, I want to be fully prepared before embarking on this adventure. I have been studying and plan on taking the exam in a few weeks.
5. Bake More. Baking is relaxing and something that brings me great joy. I want to seriously focus on baking more and finessing my skills this year.
6. Run a sub 30 min 5K. I won’t be doing any races in 2016 longer than a half marathon. Therefore, I’d like to focus more on speed and finally get my 5K down to 30 min or below. (I have had a sub 30 5K in the past, so it’s not completely unrealistic but will take some work.)
7. Focus more on my health and fitness. I don’t want to assign a number or quantifiable goal to this resolution, because I don’t want to set myself up to fail. But this year, I want to make my health and fitness a priority. I need to consume foods that will make me feel strong and dedicate the time necessary to my overall fitness. I know that I feel better and more like myself when I’m on a consistent exercise regime, I just need to remember that.
So I know it’s about an entire month after January 1 but, what are your goals and resolutions for the new year?