2016 Holiday Gift Guide
It’s the most
expensive wonderful time of the year! The time has come to discuss what to get that runner/fitness enthusiast in your life. I’ve come with a list of my favorite fitness products to bequeath (weird word) upon your friends and family. For last year’s guide of still amazing products, check it out here.
1. A race entry – Races are expensive. Like seriously they add up! I was looking at a triathlon and the registration was $229! (I didn’t sign up, that level of commitment scares me) Gift your loved ones race entries. If this is their hobby is running and they plan on racing, this is a perfect and practical gift. Also RunDisney came out with a special half marathon race entry present this morning, so start gifting.
2. Resistance Bands – Portable resistance bands are a great way to stay active on the road or in your home. I travel for funsies and business. I never leave home without a yoga mat and now resistance bands. My fav bands are Aurore which can be found easily on AMAZON for $19.95! That’s right use your prime and get these bad boys in 2 days. Also they come in a carry case and have 5 different resistance bands and an easy to follow guide to get you started. So no excuses.
3.Yoga/Spinning/Barre Membership or Passes – Depending on where you live fitness classes are either all your money or most of your money. Fitness classes are a wonderful gift, if you know your loved ones favorite activities. If you aren’t sure which one, get them a ClassPass. I tried it for a few months this spring and loved it.
4. GPS Watch – TomTom. Get the runner in your life a TomTom. I absolutely love mine. It’s PC and Mac compatible and soooo easy to use. Sidenote: I tried my mom’s Garmin and hubby’s Nike, the TomTom is easier to use, read, and generally better looking.
5. SpiBelt – I used a SPIbelt during the Marine Corps Marathon and it was a lifesaver. From experience I would recommend the new SPIbelt™ Performance Series . Its features include a weather-resistant pocket and zipper, 4 energy gel loops, and a pocket big enough to fit the iPhone 6 Plus, keys, cash, and other essentials!
6. SOCKS! – Runners and fitness enthusiasts are particular about their socks. Once you lose a toenail, you don’t want it to happen again (although it will). I absolutely love Feetures socks. Their High Performance Light Cushion socks keep my feet comfortable and mostly blister free. When it rains and I forget to glide is my own problem.
7. Nuun – Looking for fun stocking stuffers or gifts for those 4/5 nights of Hannukah? Try some delicious nuun that according to their site, “nuun active and nuun energy contain an optimal blend of electrolytes (na, k, mg, ca) that help keep you hydrated for all levels of activities.” Sounds perfect to me and if you were curious my favorite flavor is Cherry Limeade.
8. Compression Gear – Do you know what hurts after a race? Everything. Everything hurts. Do you know what makes the pain go away? Compression Gear. There are all types of compression gear. I personally love BioSkin compression sleeves and under armour compression clothing (specifically their shorts and running tights).
9. Weights – Seems simple. However, many fitness enthusiasts could use a set or 2 of weights. I personally have 8lbs, 5lbs, and 3lbs. Each has it’s own purpose. Well priced weights can be found at Walmart or even TJ Maxx (if you’re lucky). Dick’s Sporting Good, Sports Authority and any athletic store would have a range of sizes too.
10. IPad Mini – This is an investment. I have an iPad Mini and love it. It’s the perfect size for travel and watching fitness videos on the go. I just throw mine in my purse daily and use it to read, watch videos, and check up on social media.
11. Apparel – Every fitness junkie has a favorite apparel line. Get them a gift card and trust me, they’ll love it.
12. TIU Nutrition Plan: I love Tone It Up. The work outs are amazing, the community is inspiring, and it makes eating healthy easy. I often post about their DVDs or challenges. If you have a friend or loved one who has been considering joining, do it now. I do the challenges with friends and it’s a great way to literally tone up. 🙂
So there you have it 12 ideas to give the fitness enthusiast in your life!
What’s on your holiday list this year? Any of these items on your list? Did I miss something?
Disclaimer: Aurore provided me with a set of resistance bands for free. However, all opinions are my own. (even my mom tried and loved them)
Family activity! Turkey Trot or maybe a hike. Great List