Friday Friday Friday (Favorites)!!
Hello Friends!! It’s Friiiiiiday!!! Who’s excited? This girl! Let’s chat about what I’m obsessing over this week! I think I have come to terms with my Runner’s Guilt. It’s a priority. Just because I bought a house, doesn’t mean everything needs to be done right now. There is plenty of time to settle and nest. It’s just the Planner aspect of me that wants everything to look fantastic yesterday.
Here’s the top five things I’m crushing on this week!
1. This song. It has so much meaning for many different reasons. I think it can be personally inspiring and uplifting to let you know that even in the darkest times, you can get through anything. Whether that’s a personal set back or mile 19 of a marathon. I have a tendency to put this song on to remind me to push through eventually things will get better.
2. Clifshot Electrolyte Powder. Anyone else here subscribe to StrideBox? Love. This was a sample in my May or June box. I tried it out and love it. It’s refreshing and tasty without tasting sugary or too artificial. btw… I also love Clif Shot Blocks especially the margarita and strawberry flavor. More on that that in another post, it looks like those are going to be my marathon fuel, but I’m still testing it out.
3. Reef Flip Flops – I picked up my reefs a few months ago but thought they deserved a mention. If you’re anything like me, you need to get out of your sneakers the minute you finish a workout or race. These shoes are a welcome reprieve. They have a pillowy cushion on the sole that provides much needed support AND they have an arch! I swear by the Reef Dreams model. Although, I have been wearing Reef Flip Flops since middle school and I’ve never had a pair that I didn’t like. And fun fact since it’s summer Marshall’s or TJMaxx sometimes carry them!
4. The Real Housewives of Anything… I can’t help it I’m addicted to Bravo. I cannot stop watching all of the Real Housewives. I mean LegGATE! I watch these shows in shock and awe. They’re the perfect shows to tune out to.
5. Disney Planning – I know that my Disney Race-cation for Wine and Dine is like 3+ months away, but I’ve already planned the entire thing using the My disney experience website. Dining reservations, Airplane, Hotel, and special event tickets have been purchased. Thankfully, my husband and I are traveling with RockyMtnPearls and her husband. The only person I know who is more of a planner than me is Mrs. RockyMtnPearls! We have this entire thing ready to go! Now we’re just working out costumes, cause you know costumes at a RunDisney event are a must!
Make your own Disney Family here –> Click here
What are you plans this weekend? Do you have a Stridebox Subsription, what’s your fav find? Are you a HUGE RunDisney fan too? What’s your fav reality TV show/what should I be watching and haven’t yet? Do you have a song you use to inspire you? What fuels are you testing out or want to test out for your upcoming races?
Disney is going to be AMAZING! Because we planned it that way, of course. Also, I am a huge fan of Shot Blocks, so I completely agree. I will be working on my fueling here soon as I begin to increase miles again, so I will be interested to see what works for you! Good luck with your continued race prep!
SO AMAZING! (are we hyping it up too much?) I swear after 8 miles the strawberry tastes like candy. I’ll keep you posted on what’s working. I think I’m going to try out some more stridebox samples on sunday’s run. Good thing is we won’t need to carry water for Wine and Dine just a bit of fuel. 🙂
I’ll have to try Clifshot and Shot Blocks! The flavors sound yummy! I’ve never done a Disney Race but would love to someday- def on my race bucket list! 🙂
Slightly embarrassed to say that I saw that episode of Real Housewives with the leg. sooooo funny! I couldn’t stop laughing!